The most important aspect of buying a home is its location! Airway is located in beautiful Oak Lawn, a suburb who has the vision “to be the premier south suburb of the Chicago area.” Oak Lawn has a “home town” atmosphere which keeps it at the top of the list of fine communities in the Chicago suburbs. Airway is surrounded by mature trees, neighborhoods with families, nearby open space and a great park system. Our community provides a safe, stable neighborhood where our residents live, work, and play.
Why Choose Airway and Oak Lawn to Live, Work, and Play?
- Close proximity to world-class downtown Chicago and the Lake Michigan waterfront; 15 miles north of the Community
- Plenty of Job Opportunities in Oak Lawn and the surrounding Chicago area
- Oak Lawn’s unique sense of community and stability, where residents stay and second generations return
- High quality drinking water from Lake Michigan
- Village tradition with numerous special events and festival celebrations for the entire family
- A Class One fire-rescue department, putting Oak Lawn fire-rescue service in the top 5% of nation and the 12th to be designated in the nation
- Low crime rates and a police force committed to neighborhood policing
- Over 300 acres of park, with walking trails, public pools and several playgrounds for everyone to enjoy
- A wide range of delicious dining options to satisfy everyone’s appetite
- You have the choice of quality private and public schools from pre-school to higher education; Oak Lawn schools are recipients of the Illinois State Board of Education “Academic Excellence” award.
- Oak Lawn Hometown School District 123 is located within blocks of the community
- Oak Lawn Community High School District 229 is a short 2 mile distance from the Community
- Community Colleges in the area are: Chicago State University, Moraine Valley Community College, and Prairie State College
- St. Xavier University is a four-year university located on the southwest side of Chicago, 5 miles from the Community
- The METRA Train station, southwest service is located one mile from the Community on 95th street with an adjacent parking garage
- Pace Bus provides service throughout the Oak Lawn area and the surrounding communities
- Convenient access to Illinois Interstates and Highways; I-294, I-55 and I-57
- Two major airports; Midway Airport only 15 minutes and O’Hare International Airport a short 30 minute drive
- Advocate Christ Medical Center, Hope Children’s Hospital and Ronald McDonald House is one of the most comprehensive providers of medical and pediatric care in the state. The hospital specializes in cardiology, surgical services, pediatrics, emergency medicine, and women’s services. The hospital is located on 95th street just 6 to 8 blocks from the Community.
About the Oak Lawn Area
- The Oak Lawn Public Library is recognized as the finest library in the southwest suburbs. It is centrally located in the village of Oak Lawn
- The Community is located just blocks from a number of shopping centers that include Walgreens,CVS Pharmacy, Sears, JC Penney, Target, Marshalls and many more
- The Children’s Museum is located next to the Metra train station with plenty of weekend parking available. The museum is a great way to spend quality time with your family.
- The Oak Lawn Park District promotes the importance of families by providing recreational facilities such as playing fields, indoor basketball courts, ice rinks, volleyball courts, tennis courts, fitness centers and a theatre. The Park District also has a cutting edge cultural arts program for all ages.
- Oak Lawn Senior Center, located at 5330 West 95th street promotes the welfare of the senior population of Oak Lawn by offering multiple services and programs
- Oak Lawn Village has two swimming pools for public use, the Central Pool and Centennial Aquatic Center areboth in close proximity to our Community
- Planet Fitness is located at the corner of 95th and Cicero, a short distance from the community
- Area Attractions Include:
- The Stony Creek Golf Course, an 18-Hole Golf Course less than 2 miles from the Community, has 18 challenging holes, a Driving Range, and Miniature Golf
- Toyota Park, home to the Chicago Fire Soccer Club, is located at 71st Street and Harlem Ave., in nearby Bridgeview. The park is also host to world-class concerts and other sporting events.
- Brookfield Zoo is located in the Chicago suburb of Brookfield and has 450 species of animals on display.
- Lincoln Park Zoo is located in Lincoln Park in Chicago and is a free 35-acre zoo
- Major Chicago Sports teams include: Chicago White Sox at U.S Cellular Field, Chicago Cubs at Wrigley Field, Chicago Bears at Soldier Field, Chicago Blackhawks at the United Center, and the Chicago Bulls at the United Center
If you are looking for a place to call home in the perfect location that offers a peaceful, family setting with high quality homes schedule your personal tour today by calling (708) 424-2230 or Click Here to Contact us.